Electrical Appliance Installation Sydney
Cooktop, stove, ceiling fan, and oven installation
Captain Cook Electrical can take care of all your electrical appliance installation needs across Sydney. Our experienced electricians offer a full range of appliance installation services for your home or business.
Our electrical services
Many electrical appliances require just plugging in and turning on but often larger appliances need a licenced electrician to fit the unit, set up the necessary circuit, or add a power point to safely install the item.
Appliances which may need professional installation include:
- Electric oven – most ovens are connected to a separate electrical circuit. We recommend fitting a safety switch to the oven circuit to protect against electrical accidents.
- Electric cooktop – most cooktops must be installed by an electrician as they are hardwired to the mains power of your home.
- Electric stove – (freestanding oven and cooktop combination) the large power requirements needed for this appliance mean it needs to be hardwired.
- Ceiling fans – often connected to the lighting circuit, ceiling fans must be installed by a licenced electrician.
- Hardwired smoke alarms – interconnected, hardwired smoke alarm systems provide excellent fire protection for your family but also need to be fitted by an electrician
- Pool pump and chlorinator – pool equipment, especially those connected to economy tariffs, is often hardwired to a single circuit.
- Electric hot water systems – storage electric hot water systems are hardwired and require an electrician and a plumber to install.
Many larger plug-in home electrical appliances require more power than a standard socket. Our electricians can take care of upgrading the connection to provide the correct power to operate the appliance safely.
Power point installation
Our team can install a new power point or move an existing outlet for your new or upgraded appliance. We also recommend installing a safety switch if you don’t already have one fitted.