Test and Tag Sydney
Local test and tag specialists
If you are looking for local test and tag specialists in Sydney then you have come to the right place. Having your appliances and electrical equipment checked regularly ensures that you continue to have a safe working or home environment. Finding faults with equipment before they cause harm is invaluable for business owners. Don’t wait until it starts sparking before you accept theres a problem.
What is test and tag?
In a nutshell, test and tag is the testing of electrical equipment and appliances and tagging it accordingly. The purpose of testing and tagging is to increase the electrical safety within both the home and workplace as well as to identify broken, faulty or malfunctioning electrical equipment.
When testing electrical equipment and appliances our test and tag specialists with conduct both a visual and electrical testing which will help to identify problems with the electrical device, equipment or appliance. Things that our specialists are looking out for include:
- Frayed wires and cords
- Safety switches that aren’t tripping
- Faults in the wiring
- Moisture/Chemical damage
- Current leaks or spikes
- Earthing faults
- Insulation issues
If any problems are identified throughout the testing process the electrical device is then tagged with the appropriate colour.
When it comes to the tagging of electrical appliances or equipment the type of tagging will fall into one of two catagories.
- Contruction/Demolition: In the construction and demolition industry it is a requirement to use specifically specified test tag colours based upon the month in which the testing was conducted.
- Other: There is no legislative requirments outside of the construction or demolition industries to colour code tags. However, to avoid confusing the majority of the time the same tag colours are used.
How often should you test?
Businesses will generally have their own OHS planning which will specify when test and tag should be commenced. Below is a recommended frequency for most environments.
- 3 Months: for building, construction and demolition sites.
- 6 Months: for factories, warehouses or production.
- 12 Months: for office spaces, clinics and large homes.
- 5 yearly: for small offices and homes.
If you would like more information regarding our test and tag service don’t hesitate to get in contact with us today either by phone on 0481 134 679 or through our contact form. If you would like to book one of our specialist to provide a test and tag service to your home or business you can fill in our booking form and one of our friendly staff will get back to you.